Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekly blog (Jan.26-30)

Monday: Today was a fun day, except that I already know that tomorrow it going to be way funner than today.  Tomorrow we are going to be chewing, or chomping bubble gum! Anyways, today we did our daily science starter, talked about the quiz that we have on Wednesday. We also started another lab. So we reviewed a little bit because we have our first quiz in physics on Wednesday. Mrs.G said that it is a little baby quiz so it shouldn't be that hard, and I am feeling pretty good. Today we also started our new lab. W got into groups and we are actually doing the experiment tomorrow, but we talked about it today. The lab is about ''chomping'' gum. So it will be fun!


Tuesday: Today we had a lot of fun!  We did some practice problems on a white board, and we worked on the Chomping Gum lab. Today I also got to ''chomp'' gum! I the beginning of class we  did our daily science starter, and then we went straight into reviewing problems on a white board. We reviewed problems with scalar and vector quantities. We also did some physics problems like figuring out the acceleration of an object, speed, and velocity. The very fun part of the day was working on our lab. We got back into our      groups,my group is Evan, and Anna. Yesterday we created a google doc and we figured out the question, hypothesis, and we made a chart. So today I found out that I was the test subject, which was fun, except   that in the beginning I bit my tongue. Today we also listed the different variables and my group finished the graph and we printed it out, so we are in good shape. Today was a fun day! 


Wednesday:Today was our first quiz in Physics. It was easy and it was a little hard at the end of the quiz, the question with the pythagorean theorem was a little hard but I feel like I did a good job. The beginning of Physics is understanding the terms and understanding the equations of it. I think that I understand most of it. That is all we did today. 


Thursday: Today was an ok day in my opinion, we reviewed our quiz and we finished our lab that we started on Monday. So we got our lab back and we very thoroughly went over it and even wrote down a list of the things that we missed and the things that we were/are confused about. I got an 84 which is a high c. I think that I could of done better. But it is what I got! After doing that we finished our lab. My group had to finish the procedure and the conclusion. Then we had to print it out and give it to her. That is really all we did today.


Friday:I felt like today was an easy day, because we didn't have any quizzes nothing to worry about for the next day and it is Friday! Today we went over some new notes, and we did a station activity with a partner. So first we our daily science starter about the 2nd law of Newton's laws. Then, did a little demonstration about an inertia. We put a flash card on or finger and then a penny on top of the flash card. Then we had to pull it out and the penny would be on the tip of our finger. After having that fun, we got into partners and we started the stations. I was with Will, we got it half way done.  I think that this was a good exercise to remember the inertia. 

Improvements:
I could improve on studying better and getting my labs finished. I think I should improve my study habits and start focusing more when we do labs.



No comments:

Post a Comment