Friday, January 23, 2015

Weekly blog Jan.19-23

Monday- Wasn't at school. Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

Tuesday: Today was definently a good start. Today was the first day of the the second semester and the first day of the second art of the school year! I think today was a good start because we went straight into it. We talked a little bit about what we are doing in physics in the next two quarters, we are making catapults, dropping eggs, and a lot more. Today we also took notes on the first two sections in physics. It was unit 1 motion, Mrs.G said that if we are good at math it wouldn't be as hard. So tonight for homework we have to do 13 vocab words to do on physics. I am not really sad or happy that we starting physics but we will see!


Wednesday: Today we started a really fun lab and we went over some more of the physics notes. I think that my classmates and I were really tired today too. We had a very fun weekend and we also had a 4 day weekend so it was fun. We divided into different groups and we started to work on our worm lab. In this lab we raced worms and we found the displacement and the distance they went. I think that this was a really fun way to understand the meaning of these words. My group still has to finish the lab, it is due on Friday. While taking the notes we talked about scalar and vector quantities. I think that today was a fun day.

Thursday: The science olympiad people weren't in science class today, so we went to Panera bread and studied there. My events are Air trajectory, write it do it, and duct tape challenge. I had a lot of fun at Panera.


Friday: Today we got right back into science class, we took notes and finished our speed worm lab. Today we also had a shadower. So first we took noted on resultant quantities. We had examples on different situations. We  only took notes for 10 minutes, so there isn't a lot to talk about. Next, we finished/continued our lab. I was in a group with Varun,and Jonathan. Jonathan was a shadower that day so it is only me and Varun. Since the Science Olympiad people weren't in science class or guided study we had to rush and finish it today. We actually only finished the graph but we still have to do some questions on the lab this weekend. I think that this was a fun and rushed lab. Today was a relaxing day for me.

Improvements:
I could improve on making my handwriting neater. I could also improve on making my binder neater. I think I could take it home and organize everything.






No comments:

Post a Comment