Friday, February 27, 2015

Weekly blog (Feb. 23 to 27)

Monday: Today we got to officially test our catapult, then we recorded the data. First, we did our daily science starter then we got straight into our lab. Since today was the testing day of it all, we went with our groups in t the cafeteria. The stations were power, accuracy, and knocking over a tower of cups. Today was really fun.


Tuesday: Since today was a snowy day we had no classes. Even though there were no classes, I spent 20 minutes of my day reviewing some of my notes. 


Wednesday: Today was a short day of school, and the classes were only half an hour long. So it started out doing our daily science starter,which was about section 1 unit two review. It was about objects free falling, Circular motion, and projectiles and trajectories. After that we took some more notes on unit two section 1. I learned that what an object is free falling it does not encounter any air resistance, so the only force acting on it is gravity. After taking 10 minutes on the notes, we worked on our two lab sheets. One is with our group, and the other is your individual lab worksheet. My Group finished the lab sheet that recorded all the Data. For homework tonight and tomorrow I have to finish the individual lab worksheet. That was all we did today since we had a short class.

Thursday: Today we did not have science class, but instead the Science Olympiad groups went to Panera bread and studied the events. Since I am only doing building events I didn't really study them but practice them. My events are write it do it, air trajectory, and duct tape challenge. I do not practice air trajectory because we cannot shoot the balls in the restaurant. I did one write it do it challenge and one duct tape challenge.

Friday:Today was a great day, we did our daily science starter then we did a review foe the unit 2 quiz that we have next Tuesday. It is about the 5 vocabulary words, 2 equations, and that is mostly it! The vocabulary words are weightlessness, projectile, free fall, gravity, and terminal velocity. The quiz is going to be only 24 questions so knowing that, I feel good about it. After that we got a new lab and we filled out data, the we started on a graph about it. That was all we did today.

Improvements:
I want to improve on making my graphs neater, and making my lab more organized. 


No comments:

Post a Comment