Thursday, April 6, 2017

Unit 7

I can't believe we are already in the second week of the fourth quarter! We have about 32 official school days left. Next week we have a much needed week off and we are planning on going to Key West and Daytona Beach in Florida. My main goal is to decompress and relax there. 

Anyways, in this unit we studied ecology, which can be easier than other subjects because some of it is common sense. At the same time we did several dissections that were pretty fun. The ecology notes were pretty easy for me. Most of it is common knowledge which makes it easier to understand. 

We started the unit with an earthworm dissection, this was pretty fun. No one in my group wanted to dissect a worm so I did. We got to identify and learn all the simple parts of a worm. 




After that we had a lab practical on the earth worm. This was pretty easy because the questions were taken right of off the lab. I got a 100.

After this, we took some more notes studying food chains/webs succession, populations, and much more. I already new some of the content. The second dissection lab we did was a Planeria lab. This was about flatworms, we only did a little bit on this lab because we had to continue with notes. We basically look at several live small flatworms under a dissecting microscope. We had a quiz that I got a 97 on. I missed a question.After this we had a squid dissection lab.  Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in this. But it looked fun, here are some pictures:


We then had a third dissection lab with grasshoppers. This was pretty fun, I noticed that a lot of of the same structures that were in the earthworm. were in the grasshopper. The only part that was weird was when we cut into the outer shell, which was crunchy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment